TRABUCCO HERNIA INSTITUTE
E. E. Trabucco,M.D.
A. F. Trabucco,M.D.
29-22 30th Avenue, Long Island City, New York 11102
62-77 Woodhaven Blvd, Rego Park, New York 11374
Tel: (718) 956-3115
THE TRABUCCO HERNIOPLASTY
Preshaped Sutureless Rigid Mesh Inguinal Hernioplasty
TRABUCCO HERNIA INSTITUTE
copyright: E. TRABUCCO,M.D.
To View the Slide presentation of the TRABUCCO
HERNIOPLASTY with RealPlayer
G2 click HERE
Instructions: Due to the high quality graphics prestented ,the loading of the page may take some time depending on the quality and speed of your server.
If you have windows 98 Ver.2,and are interested in a more detailed view of any copyrighted diagrams presented here please right-click your mouse and choose zoom-in to enlarge the photograph.
If any picture did not download correctly on your system just right click your mouse and choose 'show picture', wait and allow for the picture to appear.
Subdermic and subcutaneous infiltration anesthesia. A transverse incision is made 1cm. below the deep inguinal ring.
An anesthetic solution is infiltrated under the external oblique aponeurosis.
Opening the roof of the inguinal canal
The external oblique aponeurosis is cut longitudinally
Division of the cremaster muscle
The cremaster muscle is grasped with two Allis clamps and divided longitudinally.It will be divided between the clamps. This allows for clear visualization of the spermatic chord components.
The mesentery of the spermatic cord
The spermatic cord is lifted, exposing its mesentery. A Kelly clamp is inserted at the base of the mesentery, under the neurovascular bundle. Care is taken to preserve the integrity of the ilioinguinal,genitofemoral and iliohypogastric nerves. The mesentery and spermatic cord are and encircled by a Penrose .
Exploration of the femoral canal
The inferior crus of the external oblique aponeurosis is dissected from the cribriform fascia to explore the femoral canal and to lengthen the crus. This is done to provide a tension free closure of the external oblique aponeurosis.
Preshaped mesh and plug T1
Preshaped universal rigid mesh 4.5 X 10 centimeters for male and female. Rigid plug T1
To see how The T1 plug is made by folding a soft round mesh into a dart shape press here.
Preshaped mesh and plug T4
Pre-shaped universal ,rigid or semi-rigid ,pre-shaped mesh 4.5 X. 10 centimeters. For male and female. Rigid plug T4
Dissection of an indirect sac
An indirect sac is dissected from the spermatic cord and the deep inguinal ring is exposed.
Placement of a plug T1
An indirect sac has been invaginated into the deep inguinal ring. A plug T1 is inserted into the ring and anchored with a suture.
Narrowing of the dilated deep inguinal ring is preffered in small indirect inguinal hernias. This is preferred in small hernias in the male and larger female hernia as opposed to insertion of the T1 Plug
Amputation of a sac
Plug T 4
To see the application of the T4Plug into the internal inguinal canal click here
The buldge of a direct hernia is flattened cosmetically with tension free continuous sutures.
Direct hernia with loss of posterior wall
A pre-peritoneal mesh is sutured without tension to the posterior wall defect. A pre-shaped mesh will be placed over the pre-peritoneal prosthesis.
Empty inguinal box
The floor of an inguinal canal after boat is of any hernia are flattened cosmetically. It is suggested to call the anatomical space shown in this illustration the inguinal box, to indicate the concept of a closed space.
Pre-shaped mesh in the inguinal box
The lateral mesh is tucked under the external oblique aponeurosis. A rigid pre-shaped universal mesh fits the entire inguinal box. The mesh cannot move or migrate, because it is placed in a closed anatomical space. It is not necessary to suture the mesh. To view the specifics of the technical aspects as well as closure of the aponeurosis click Here.
Closure of the aponeurosis
The aponeurosis of the extra oblique muscle is closed under the spermatic cord without tension, because the inferior crus has been widened during the exploration of the femoral canal
Rigid preshaped mesh
for a detailed description on the advantages of using a Rigid Preshaped mesh Press Here
Preshaped Mesh superimposed on the anterior abdominal wall
For more information and descriptions about recurrent hernias press here:
Recurrent and Femoral Hernias
No part of this web site (booklet) may be reproduced without the written permission and consent of the author.
Medici Chirurghi:-Trattamento dell'ernia secondo il"Metodo Trabucco"
1. Springer LINK: Hernia - Electronic Edition; Editor-in-Chief: J.P. Chevrel Abbreviations used: AA (Applied anatomy) CR (Case report) E (Editorial) HH (The history of hernias) L (Letter to the Editor) OA (Original article) P (Paper) RA (Review article) Volume 2 - Issue 3, 1998 103-106 J.L...5280 bytes, 1999/03/22 http://link.springer-ny.com/link/service/journals/10029/tocs/t8002003.htm
2. Hernioalloplasty according to Trabucco. G. Vecchio IJSS 5 1998 ;Hernioalloplasty according to Trabucco: our experience GIULIO VECCHIO, SERGIO CEVOLI, GUSTAVO GESUE, PIETRO DE ANGELIS, UMBERTO BRANCACCIO From Emergency Surgery and ER Division, Campania Region A.S.L. 1, S. Maria di Loreto Hospital, Naples, Italy.. 5630 bytes, 1998/03/26,http://www.eass.it/ijss/ijss_1998/ijss1_2_98/vecchio_2.html
3. Tension Free Hernia Repair Using Plug With Preshaped Mesh Under Local Anaesthesia;TENSION FREE HERNIA REPAIR USING PLUG WITH PRESHAPED MESH UNDER LOCAL ANAESTHESIA Upendra Mehta Vrindavan Hernia Centre, Kandivali(West), Mumbai-400067 The most common operation performed by general surgeons is inguinal hernia. Various modification. 11874 bytes, 1998/11/25 http://www.bhj.org/journal/1998/4002_apr/original_243.htm
4. Abdominal wall hernias - G. Vecchio IJSS 5 1998 ;Abdominal wall hernias: six years experience and technical evolution GIULIO VECCHIO, SERGIO CEVOLI, GUSTAVO GESUÉ From Emergency Surgery Division and Emergency Room, Campania Region ASL 1, S. Maria di Loreto Nuovo Hospital, Naples, Italy The... 8086 bytes, 1998/03/26http://www.eass.it/ijss/ijss_1998/ijss1_2_98/vecchio_1.html
5. Mancuso - IJSS N° 5 1998 The use of prostheses in hernial surgery: our experience since 1992 M. MANCUSO, B. MARRA, S. IAQUINTA, A. MANZI, C. ALLOCCA From G. Cortese General Surgery Division, ASL 1 Cardinale Ascalesi Hospital, Naples, Italy The Authors report their hernial.. 8951 bytes, 1998/03/25 http://www.eass.it/ijss/ijss_1998/ijss1_2_98/mancuso.html
6. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SURGICAL SCIENCES - JANUARY-FEBRUARY 1998;INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SURGICAL SCIENCES - JANUARY-FEBRUARY 1998 [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Il meglio delle pagine Universitarie Italiane in rete - Medicina ] [ FAQ ] Posted by EASS' BULLETIN on March 24, 1998 at 12:31:04: Send reply to.8028 bytes, 1999/02/23 http://www.mimir.org/universita/medicina/messages/2.html
7. Parietal reconstruction utilizing a polypropylene mesh. S. Cevoli - IJSS Vol 5 1998 ;Parietal reconstruction utilizing a polypropylene mesh via atypical technique SERGIO CEVOLI, GUSTAVO GESUE, LANFRANCO SCARAMUZZINO, PIETRO DE ANGELIS, PAOLO GAUTHIER, GIULIO VECCHIO From Emergency Surgery Division, Campania Region A.S.L. 1, S...10637 bytes, 1998/04/04 http://www.eass.it/ijss/ijss_1998/ijss1_2_98/cevoli.html
E-mail: Please send comments.
For pertinent information regarding type of prosthesis used see:
FOR ITALIAN VERSION OF THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE CLICK HERE: